Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ghana bound!


I just finished up my second semester of teaching and now have a couple of weeks off before the the third and final semester of the school year. The hot season has just kicked into gear this past week so I'm taking advantage of the time off by heading down to Ghana and spending a few days on the beach. I'm hoping when I get back to put up a decent sized post describing the last couple of months and hopefully some more pictures. Until then, here's a link to a small sampling of pictures. (http://picasaweb.google.com/chambersb/BurkinaPics1) The picture above is of myself and Ilyassa who's about 20 or so months old. He's the youngest in my courtyard and we tend to hang out a lot. This picture was taken in front of my house - that's the entrance to my house behind us.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Bryan,

Thanks for the pictures. You look good and healthy. Sounds like things are going well for you. Have a great vacation in Ghana and be safe.

Ryan says "hi". He's getting SOOO BIG!! At 6 months old he was 20 lbs. Almost time to get him a racquetball racquet to work off some of that baby fat.

Mike

Unknown said...

Hey Bryan!!!!
Love the pictures.. great to get a visual of what's going on with you. Enjoy your well deserved vacation in Ghana..

hey .. who's watching your bike while you are away? ;)

As always,
"keep spreading the peace" bryan
Love
sue

Anonymous said...

Bryan - It was great to see all the pictures of you and your village. You look pretty good in the pictures. It reminded me of when I was in Tanzania. I immediately took out my scrapbook of pictures and reviewed them with Mom. So many good memories of Africa. I am looking forward to seeing you and your village.Have a good trip in Ghana. Happy Birthday next month. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Bryan, Hold off on getting the cat - having one that simply visits and leaves is a good deal. Looks like your current digs are on a par with some of the places you lived in around Boston. Good luck with the next semester.

Joe and fran

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that all is well with you. I had been wondering why you had not posted anything in awhile. Keep the faith. Opening day for the Sox is a week away.

Steve M

Anonymous said...

Bry,

You look great, and I can verify what Joe says, we definitly lived in some places in Boston that weren't quite as nice as your current courtyard! looks like it would be tough for a drunken roommate to lock you out of the couryard as well, so that's a bonus...

your little buddy Ilyassa is so cute!

enjoy your vacation. got any good birthday plans?? looking forward to more posts, texts, or calls!!

Bill

Anonymous said...

Dear Bryan;
Congratulation for all what you 're doing for the benefits of Bukina Faso community. I feel so empressed by your heart feeling for the difficulties the children of Africa are facing during their studies.
Keep it up, I do believe that our almight God will increase 1000 times from where your reduced- Andrew Mbughi from Tanzania- E.Africa.